2019 Kitchen Design Forecast
When people think of remodeling, the first place their mind goes to is often the kitchen. That’s because the kitchen is such a crucial part of any home. It’s where your family spends plenty of time and a default gathering place during parties. It’s where you prepare all your food and where you go first thing in the morning for a cup of coffee. Improving the kitchen just makes sense if you want to enjoy your home more.
Kitchen remodeling in Midland, MI can also pay off in the long term by boosting the value of your home. That’s why it’s important to know all the ins and outs of the latest design trends for kitchens:
- Islands: This is a trend that isn’t going away anytime soon. If you’re looking into renovating your kitchen, an island is a smart addition. These have become a core feature of any kitchen because of their functionality both for social gatherings and food prep. Add an island and reap the benefits in both everyday use and resale value.
- Darkness and light: White kitchens have been all the rage according to every home design show on television, but green is making a comeback. Darker shades like forest green can give your cabinets a modern look. Navy blue is another popular option for cabinets. White remains a go-to choice for marble countertops to keep the space bright.
- Custom storage: If you want to add storage to your kitchen, you have so many options, ranging from overhead cabinets to island storage. For both compact and large kitchens, adding storage space will make the room less cluttered and tailored to your family’s needs.
- Big-time backsplashes: A backsplash with tile that extends all the way up to the ceiling is anticipated to be on trend in 2019. This is a way to add a bit of visual pop to any kitchen and is considered a modern design choice.
- Bench seating: This popular option for breakfast nooks is taking over the kitchen design world. Benches offer flexible, cozy seating options that also allow for storage underneath. It gives the kitchen dining area more of a lounge feeling. These can either be built in or individual pieces that are added after renovation.
You’ll have plenty of choices when looking for a general contractor in Midland, MI, but you don’t want to settle for less than the best. Tri City Remodeling has been helping homeowners remodel their kitchens, update their decks and build their dream homes since 1980. We’re experts in both interior and exterior home remodeling. You can guarantee that the results will look beautiful and add property value while staying on budget.
Our team of experts always meets our customers’ high expectations. We have the tools and the knowledge to get the job done right the first time, every time. Plus, we’re a locally owned company and a proud member of the Midland Home Builders Association and Remodeling Council. Call us today to learn more about how we can help to improve your home!
Categorised in: General Contractor, Kitchen Remodeling
This post was written by Writer