We’re headed into the season of family get-togethers, swimming parties, barbecues and more. This is the time of the year most people will be socializing at each other’s homes outdoors. When inviting guests over, be sure to look outside to your curb appeal to make sure you snag that “wow!” first impression from new guests when hosting your next summer fling.
The reality is that in today’s real estate market, curb appeal matters to potential buyers. People want their home to be welcoming to guests and family members. Here are some tips that help you focus on what strangers will notice first and how a general contractor in Midland, MI can help:
- New lighting: Just like with interior decoration, improving outdoor lighting can have a huge impact on how people perceive the space. Adding lighting to walkways and patios will make the home more impressive in the evenings and complement landscaping features. Be sure to select warm-colored lights for maximum effect.
- Porch/patio additions: Everyone wants an outdoor space where they can relax after a long day or host a cookout with friends and family. A porch or patio addition is a significant investment, but one that will pay off with a high ROI.
- Repair driveways/walkways: While it may not be glamorous, fixing cracks and wear and tear on your driveways and walkways is a smart move. Asphalt driveways typically take up a lot of space in the home’s front yard, so you want yours looking perfect. The same goes for walkways leading up to the house—a quick cleaning and some TLC will improve the home’s appearance.
- New siding: Cracked, worn or peeling siding won’t be attractive to newcomers. You may want to consider investing in new vinyl siding—it’s relatively inexpensive, easy to maintain and very durable.
- Update doors and windows: Small touches like doors and windows can go a long way toward improving the exterior. Consider installing a frame on the front door or giving the garage door a makeover. Simple fixes like a new coat of paint or the addition of hanging plants can make a surprising impact.
- Repair roofing/roof cleaning: Patching up the roof and giving it a good cleaning is vital. No one wants to have their roof replaced, so making this feature shine will give potential buyers peace of mind. It’s best to bring in the professionals, as roof repair and cleaning isn’t an easy process.
If you’re ready to increase your home’s curb appeal, a general contractor in Midland, MI can help. Tri City Remodeling is the region’s leader, and we’re prepared to help you build the home of your dreams. Our family owned and operated business is committed to service, and our team only consists of dedicated craftsmen with decades of experience.
We do it all, from interior remodeling in bathrooms or kitchens to decks and siding projects. We are proud recipients of the Top 500 Remodelers Award, as well as members of the Home Builders Association. Call today to learn more and get started on your next project!
Categorised in: General Contractor
This post was written by Writer