Lighting Options for Your Kitchen Remodel in Midland, MI
Your kitchen is one of the most important rooms in your entire home, and if you’re like many other homeowners, you might be thinking about a remodeling project to improve the functionality or aesthetic appeal of your space. A kitchen remodel in Midland, MI is a fantastic way to invest in your home, boost its value and express your personal preferences and style, but it can be a challenge to make decisions about the specifics of your project. If you’re still not sure what kind of lighting fixtures you want in your kitchen, consider some different options that can provide the perfect illuminating ambience for your space.
How to light your kitchen
Don’t get a single fixture or a few of the same fixtures to light your whole kitchen. Instead, think about layering your lighting in a way that creates a balanced atmosphere. Pair a couple of overhead fixtures with a few recessed lights, focused lighting underneath cabinets and ambient lighting fixtures:
- Functional placement: Try to arrange the lighting in your kitchen in a way that makes functional sense. Put a couple of lights over your kitchen counter where you typically prepare food or above your island where you serve food. Space lighting out around your kitchen and highlight different areas to avoid excessive glare in your space and to create visual interest.
- Focused lighting: Do you ever find yourself digging around in a cabinet or drawer at night, trying to find what you’re looking for? Focused lighting in storage spaces is an effective way to easily identify cooking ingredients, kitchen utensils and other items in your pantry and cabinets. Use lights that are activated by opening a door or with a conveniently placed light switch to avoid energy waste.
- Ambient lighting: Ambient lighting is the lighting that creates a soft atmosphere in a space. Without it, you might notice harsh lines and unpleasant glare. You can incorporate ambient lighting in a number of different ways with large fixtures or several smaller installations.
- Accent lighting: Accent lighting is primarily used to highlight a specific feature or piece of art in your space. You can add accent lighting to your kitchen to illuminate a painting, for example.
- Decorative lighting: Add a unique light fixture or chandelier to your kitchen as a functional statement piece. Select a fixture that reflects the atmosphere you want to convey in your kitchen.
If you’re still not sure what to do about lighting for your kitchen remodel in Midland, MI, get professional advice from the experts at Tri City Remodeling. We have been a family owned and operated business since 1980, and have been delivering superior interior and exterior remodeling services to clients throughout the community. We understand that every client is different, which is why we will work with you to develop a plan that fits your needs, budget and vision so that you can watch your dream home become a reality. Regardless of what your specific needs may be, we would be happy to discuss our services with you during a free consultation.
Categorised in: Kitchen Remodeling
This post was written by Writer