The Importance of Exterior Upkeep
If you’re an avid fan of home improvement shows, you probably know the importance of exterior home improvements in Midland, MI. Increasing your home’s value doesn’t just mean owning a nice piece of property in a desirable location—your home’s attractiveness will also significantly impact how much buyers are willing to spend on your home. It also helps raise the neighborhood’s value on the whole.
What is meant by “curb appeal”?
Curb appeal involves the entire visible exterior of your home. The more well-maintained your home is, the more curious buyers will be about looking inside. If you’re selling, you are competing with all the other houses on the market. To get the most money out of your investment, you need to attract buyers.
This can include improving the siding, paint or other exterior walls, replacing windows, repairing or installing attractive fences, landscaping and roofing. Each improvement adds to the overall attractiveness and functionality of your home.
Tips for better curb appeal in Midland, MI
Looking for some ideas to improve your curb appeal? Here are some suggestions from the experts:
- Roof, chimney and rain gutters: If your roof is falling apart and your chimney and rain gutters are falling down, you’ll need to replace or repair them before putting your home on the market. Luckily, you’ll recoup a significant portion of your costs when you sell, and fresh rain gutters will help protect the new roof for years to come.
- Painting and siding: If your paint and siding have seen better days, changing the color can make the building look fresh and new.
- Doors: Getting a new front door can completely change the look of your home. Today, brightly-painted styles are popular and a way to add an arresting pop of color to the front view. Jewel tones like cherry red, sunny yellow and turquoise are eye-catching and fresh.
- Windows: New windows will not only save you money on your energy bills, but they’re another simple way to change up your home’s appearance. If your home is looking outdated, try adding modern designs to bring your home into the 21st century, or install focal points like bay or picture windows. Even shutters add a fun new look.
- Driveway: A cracked, crumbling, oil-stained driveway makes it look like the homeowners don’t care about their house. Refinishing, painting or replacing your driveway can make your property look years younger.
- Landscaping: Finally, having nice landscaping—even if it’s a simple, well-maintained lawn and shrubs—can greatly improve the overall look of your exterior.
Exterior home improvements in Midland, MI
When you’re ready to amp up your home’s curb appeal, look no further than the team at Tri City Remodeling. We offer complete interior and exterior remodeling services to our customers, including window replacements, chimney repair, decks, porches and more. We can handle any size and scope of project, providing exceptional results for your home. Not sure if your vision will work? We can provide most clients with 3D renderings of their design, so you can see what your home will look like when the work is finished. Call us today to start creating your dream home.
Categorised in: Home Remodeling
This post was written by Writer