How to Integrate Smart Home Features During a Remodel
April 15, 2020 Leave your thoughts
If you’re thinking about remodeling your home, consider updating it with some of the latest 21st-century technology! Smart home upgrades in Midland, MI make daily life easier and safer for your entire family while increasing your home’s resale value. Continue reading to learn about some of today’s most popular smart home upgrades and how they can benefit you:
- USB outlets: If rewiring is required during your upgrade, consider adding USB outlets that let you charge all of your devices without the need for those clunky power bricks. This upgrade is something you could potentially do on your own, but we always recommend hiring a pro when it comes to electrical upgrades.
- Smart thermostats: Again, if any rewiring is required, consider updating your heating and air conditioning system with smart thermostats and temperature sensors. These advanced devices regulate the temperature in each room based on your daily schedule, the weather outside and your home’s layout. Doing so ensures your home is both comfortable and as energy efficient as possible.
- Smart lighting: Speaking of energy efficiency, cut back on your electric bill each month by updating your lighting system with smart lights. Along with reducing your monthly bills, these lights can help improve the overall mood and feel in your home without requiring major renovations.
- Built-in speakers: A high-quality audio system is crucial for those who either watch a lot of movies at home or enjoy listening to music throughout the day. Unfortunately, yesterday’s audio systems are bulky and unsightly. Instead of dealing with that mess, have your contractor build speakers into your ceilings, walls, cabinetry or even your outdoor living space. The seamless appearance will give your living space a sleek, clean look.
- Motion sensors and smart security: Though smart security systems can be added any time, you might as well include them in your next remodeling project. A smart security system can send notifications to your phone when there’s a problem ranging from flooding to window shattering. After installation, you’ll never believe you lived without one of these security systems!
- Home security cameras: Pair the motion sensors mentioned above with some high-end security cameras. Today’s interior and exterior security cameras can be monitored on your phone, tablet or computer from anywhere in the world. These smart home upgrades in Midland, MI give you ultimate peace of mind, especially when you’re out of town or on vacation.
- Smart hubs: Finally, tie all of your smart upgrades together with a smart hub. A smart hub allows you to easily control all the smart aspects of your house with the touch of a button or the sound of your voice. Just be sure to choose a smart hub that’s compatible with your new devices.
Perhaps the best aspect of smart home upgrades in Midland, MI is how easy they are to make—just be sure to choose our qualified experts at Tri City Remodeling to handle the job. Give us a call today to start scheduling your next interior remodeling project. We look forward to working with you.
Categorised in: Smart Home Upgrades
This post was written by Writer