Reduce Your Outdoor Maintenance with Gutter Guard Upgrades!
Regardless of a home’s style or location, one thing all homeowners need to do is clean leaves, twigs and other debris out of their gutters. This twice-a-year chore doesn’t take that long, but it can be something of a hassle. The good news is that you can slash this maintenance time down by installing gutter guards in Midland, MI. Continue reading to learn all there is to know about gutter guards.
Other benefits of gutter guards
Gutter guards might not be as popular as they are if they only cut back on your maintenance time. Here are a few of the other reasons to install gutter guards this spring:
- Whole-home protection: Though they’re small, gutters play a large part in protecting your entire home. Water and debris collecting in the gutters cause damage to the roof. If water spills over the sides of clogged gutters, it can impact the siding, cause crumbling in the foundation and ruin your nice landscaping. Gutter guards defend against all of this significant damage!
- Save money: Needless to say, if you’re preventing damage to your home with gutter guards, you’re going to save yourself a ton of money and prevent major headaches. This is especially true if overflowing water damages your foundation, which can cost thousands of dollars to repair.
- Stay safe: Last, but certainly not least, gutter upgrades in Midland, MI help keep you safe! Climbing up on a ladder to clean your gutters isn’t the most dangerous household chore, but it’s not necessarily the safest, either. Spend more time safe and sound on the ground by installing gutter guards today.
Different types of gutter guards
All gutter guards are designed to reduce the amount of leaves and debris in your yard. However, some defend your gutters better than others. Here are the different styles of guards on the market:
- Reverse curve: Also known as helmeted guards, these are designed to direct water flow down into the gutter system via a small slot while ensuring debris and leaves fall harmlessly to the ground.
- Mesh: As the name implies, these guards are simply a mesh sheet that prevents debris from collecting in the gutter while allowing water to flow freely.
- Bottle brush: These guards are basically just large pipe cleaners. The bristles keep debris on top while water flows down into the gutter.
- Vinyl guards: Like reverse curve guards, vinyl guards have small slots that allow water to pass through while blocking any debris. The benefit of these guards is that they’re designed to fit right into the gutter, so there’s no need to attach them to the shingles.
- Foam: At first glance, you might think these gutter guards in Midland, MI are just the foam noodles kids use in the pool. In fact, they’re an effective way to block out any debris from entering the gutter. The downside is that water flow is rather limited with foam guards.
Now that spring is in the air, it’s the perfect time to make gutter upgrades in Midland, MI. Nobody tops our team at Tri City Remodeling when it comes to making exterior upgrades, including installing gutter guards to protect your entire property. Call us today to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Gutter Guards
This post was written by Writer