One of the fixtures that stands out most when you enter any bathroom is the shower door. If you’re preparing to remodel your bathroom, it is important that you spend some time thinking about the type of shower door you want and what features will give you the best combination of aesthetics that complement the rest of your décor and functionality for your specific needs.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the elements you should consider when determining your shower door selection in Midland, MI.
- Type: There are many different types of shower doors. The type you select will primarily depend on the style of shower you have. Pivoting shower doors are ideal for showers that have narrow stalls. These doors come with or without tracks. If the shower covers a bathtub, then you should select a sliding tub door. If you know you have a wider stall, you’ll need to go with a sliding shower door.
- Measurements: Before you select a shower door, you should take measurements of the shower carefully so you can be certain you’re getting a door that will fit the space. Measure the width at the widest point and choose any shower door that has a maximum width that is equal to or greater than the maximum width of the tub or shower opening.
- Finish: To choose a shower door that is complementary with the other décor you’ve selected as part of your bathroom remodel, you should consider the finishes on the shower door and how they will match or complement the finishes you’ll be displaying elsewhere. Of note will be the style and color of the shower door’s hardware, as well as any decorative finishes that might be featured on the door itself. If you find a door you really love, you can use it as a starting point and coordinate the other aspects of your bathroom décor around its design.
- Glass: You’ll need to choose a style of glass in addition to a style of door. If you care about creating privacy within your shower, you should choose glass that has a texture or pattern to it. If you want to get more natural light from a window nearby and don’t have a need for privacy in the shower, then you should opt for clear glass. This will help you get some rejuvenating natural light in the shower each morning.
- Visualize: Spend some time trying to visualize how the door will look in your space before buying it. There are a variety of design tools you can use to actually plan out your remodel and test out different designs and configurations to make sure your choices are ones you will actually welcome in your home.
Need some more advice on how to pick the right shower door for a bathroom remodel? Tri City Remodeling is here to help! Contact us at our home remodeling service in Midland, MI, for information about the different types of shower doors we recommend for certain projects.
Categorised in: Bathroom Remodeling
This post was written by Writer