If you’re feeling a little cramped in your home, before you consider adding on an addition, look for underutilized spaces that can be reimagined to give you more room.
In most homes, the basement is a prime example: a dark, damp sublevel commonly used for laundry or storage. Investing the money to finish your basement could increase your property’s value and open up room for you to develop a hobby, entertain family and friends or improve your health
No matter what you envision doing with this newly available space, making the basement feel like an extension of your home could change things for the better. If you’d like to explore the possibilities, consider one of these top basement remodeling trends of 2022. Regardless of which option strikes your fancy, the newly improved space will have a positive impact on your home.
Top five basement design trends
While basements are typically thought to be spooky, cobweb-filled places to be avoided, they have the potential to be so much more. If your home has the cramped, cluttered feeling of a place serving more purposes than it should, renovating the basement could help alleviate some of that tension. It could also free up room to finally create that space you’ve always dreamed of having in your home, like:
- Home gym: If you’re looking to exercise more this year, why not turn your basement into a gym? Fill it with your favorite equipment, mirrors to monitor your form or a mini sauna for your favorite post-workout activity. No matter how much space or money you have to dedicate to this project, you can scale a home gym up or down to meet your needs.
- Play nook: Converting the open space under the stairs into a cozy play area for your kids is a great example of how you can turn unused space into something functional and fun. Install drawers for storage, soft lighting and a comfy mattress to create a nook for reading or playing with friends.
- Home theater: Turning your basement into a space for watching TV or movies is a classic basement renovation that has withstood the test of time. Whether you want an enclosed space with a big screen and recliners that replicates the movie theater experience or a more casual, open space to watch TV, your family is sure to love this upgrade.
- Guest suite: Turn your basement into a next-level guest room. In addition to a bedroom, consider adding a bathroom, lounge area, wet bar or kitchenette to give your houseguests all the amenities they need.
- Home micropub: Interested in exploring the world of homebrewing? Why not create a space in your basement to brew craft beers and a bar to serve them up for family and friends?
No matter what you envision your basement space becoming, turning it into a beautiful, functional part of your home is a great idea. Contact Tri City Remodeling today to find a skilled remodeling contractor who can help bring your vision to life.
Categorised in: Basement Remodeling
This post was written by Writer