Humans have known about the benefits of steam rooms for centuries—we have evidence of them being used as far back as ancient Roman times! They’re still staples in many fitness clubs, but nowadays, you can enjoy the benefits of a steam room from the comfort of your own home with a steam shower.
Continue reading to learn a few of the many benefits of steam shower installation:
- Improved circulation: The hot temperatures inside your steam shower increase blood flow through a process called vasodilation. This increased blood flow can relieve joint pain and help soothe sore muscles.
- Muscle recovery: Speaking of muscles, steam showers help with post-workout recovery because they flush out the built-up metabolic waste inside your muscles. For best results, alternate between hot and cold water to initiate a pumping action in your capillaries and muscles.
- Stiffness: We touched on joint pain earlier. Steam showers help with stiffness and joint pain by loosening the tension on your joints and cartilage. Daily steam showers paired with routine stretching can help your joints feel decades younger.
- Skincare: The combination of warm air and moisture in a steam shower opens up clogged pores, allowing your skin to absorb more oxygen, vitamins and minerals. Along with your joints feeling decades younger, your skin will look more youthful, too!
- Detoxification: As you can imagine, steam showers make us sweat quite a bit. Toxins and other accumulated chemicals leave our bodies when we sweat. Once those are gone, we feel healthy, energized and ready to take on the day.
- Prevent illness: All of the mucus in your nose causes sinus congestion and can lead to problems with your respiratory system. Instead of taking medicines to relieve that mucus, just hop in your steam shower. The warm air will help eliminate that mucus and decongest your chest.
- Weight loss: Steam increases your pulse rate, which raises your metabolism. An increased metabolism is correlated to weight loss. We’re not saying a steam shower is a good substitute for eating right and exercising, but it can help you achieve your weight loss goal.
How much does steam shower installation cost?
After learning all of the benefits, you’re probably interested in knowing the average steam shower installation cost before you decide to install one. The total cost can vary widely depending on the materials you use, but most steam showers cost between $2,000 and $4,000. Custom jobs can cost up to $10,000.
Keep in mind that steam showers can drastically increase your home’s resale value—and you get what you pay for when it comes to home remodeling. Our advice is to spare no expense when installing a steam shower and pay for the highest-quality materials and the best installation team.
Start planning your new steam shower today
Beat the cold temperatures this winter with steam shower installation from Tri City Remodeling. We’re the local experts in bathroom remodeling, so you can trust that your home improvement project is in good hands when we’re on the scene. Contact us today to get a free quote for your bathroom renovation.
Categorised in: Bathroom Remodeling
This post was written by Writer